Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 focus problem

dbvisions

Ringgold, US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800 focus problem"

dbvisions Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Jan 2011
Mon 19-Nov-12 08:14 PM | edited Mon 19-Nov-12 08:30 PM by dbvisions

All of us seem to have anecdotal evidence of focus problems. Mine is that all of my lenses work well with my D700 with no AF finetuning - but I usually don't want the most shallow depth-of-field obtainable. If I did I might need to use some AF finetuning with the D700.

However, my new D800 was backfocusing consistently, even at f/3.2 or so. Because of that, I used FoCal to do AF finetuning on all my lenses with the D800. Now it gives the very sharp subjects that I expected from this phenomenal camera!

I have not checked to see if I get consistent focusing across all 51 sensors. If I get some spare time I will look at that this weekend with one or two lenses.

btw - I do portraits, some sports, and action horse shots. As a general rule, I use single-point focus, the "focus on" button to focus, and AF-C whether I am shooting action or portraits.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D800 focus problem [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Sat 17-Nov-12 04:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 focus problem