Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 focus problem

rplst8

Johnstown, US
150 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800 focus problem"

rplst8 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2008
Sun 18-Nov-12 01:21 AM

>Alex,
>

>If you are certain that you have a problem, then deal with it
>with Nikon, because no one here is has the power to fix it for
>you.

<snip>

>If you are open to suggestions on how to identify and solve a
>problem with Nikon equipment, this is a great place to get
>help.

How can you suggest both of these in the same post? I'm not trying to flame you, and I'm not even that angry, but do you have any idea how frustrating it is to spend this kind of money on a camera, and get better auto focus results from a D300?

It's not like anyone can just call up Nikon in Japan and discuss the problem with one of their optics engineers. My case was escalated up to a Senior General Manager of Customer Service, and the testing he did was completely botched. He didn't even bother to actually test the center focus point. He also did his tests at 1/80th of a second, so it's hard to know in a few of his examples weather camera shake or mirror vibration had anything to do with it.

I have VERY clearly documented evidence of the problems I was seeing with my camera. There was literally no explanation. Not "oh we'll look into it more" or any sort of apology for having to send it in twice. The third time, the response was basically, "it's good enough for us, sorry you're having a problem."

>If you want a place to rant and be anti-NIkon, go to a Canon
>forum.

I don't think anyone is anti-Nikon that bought a D800. I've have forked over a lot of cash to Nikon over the years. I like Nikon's products. I think they offer something others don't specifically compatibility back to the 1970's AI/AI-s mount and even F mount lenses that have been AI converted. Do I expect to be coddled and pampered because of that? No. I simply expect to receive a fully working product, or at least one as good as others have.

>If you think we are arrogant and annoying, why keep posting?

Unless you have something specifically to add to either help with the focusing issues people have encountered, or to offer some support, why do you keep posting?

--
RL

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my Flickr page.

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D800 focus problem [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Sat 17-Nov-12 04:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 focus problem