Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4557 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: FoCal or FocusTune?"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Tue 20-Nov-12 11:06 AM | edited Tue 20-Nov-12 11:11 AM by richardd300

<<I didn't test FocusTune with the LensAlign fixture, I don't have the fixture. From reading other reviews it works better with the fixture>>

I didn't use FocusTune standing alone, but with Lens Align. I used high wattage lighting Mup, remote release and everything locked down for stability even then I had to repeat many tests to achieve better repeatability, but even now I am extremely suspicious of some results.

As I have posted on other forums and I'm sure folks are getting pretty sick of me saying it, but my issue is with both FocusTune and LensAlign and any other test method with zoom lenses. However, I repeat my concerns here for completeness!

"No one has really persuaded me that zoom lens errors can be coped with by any angled tests unless either a permanent focal length is used, or perhaps a decided average of staged tests across the full focal length will make an overall improvement".

I really do think that the whole issue of AF-Fine tune needs it's own forum so all collective posts can reside in a single reference

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic FoCal or FocusTune? [View all] , aay , Thu 15-Nov-12 05:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FoCal or FocusTune?