Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

colourful dots on picture during long exposure D800, pl...

ckhuu

VN
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: colourful dots on picture during long exposure D800, please help?"

ckhuu Registered since 25th Jul 2012
Mon 19-Nov-12 04:16 AM

>
>>
>>At this time, based on all the reading I've done on the
>>subject, I am forced to use Long Exposure NR which doubles
>the
>>exposure time. This is unfortunate as it leads to fewer
>>opportunities to take a shot you want. Also, I think the
>only
>>way out of this (if you realize that your Long Exposure
>won't
>>exposure the way you want) is to switch off the camera
>(and
>>maybe even take the battery out) and then switch it back
>on.
>>
>>If you do not use Long Exposure NR then you will have to
>deal
>>with this noise in post production which will take a
>while
>>since the noise produces spots of different color and
>size.
>
>I am curious. Have you tried using dark frame subtraction?
>Perhaps you'd only need a few dark frames per shoot.
>
>I haven't had the occasion yet to try to perform the NR in
>post, but I would have imagined it would have been as simple
>as grabbing a dark frame at that start, middle and finish of a
>shot using a tool for this purpose. I would love to know if
>this technique would work as well as the built-in NR

Dear All,
thanks for replying with all the possibilities. When i tried the first Long Exposure without LENR on, i turned it on right away thereafter. As for LENR completing the exposure, that i am not sure, i waited until the image appeared on the lcd, i assumed it was done. Possibly user error.
I finally was able to contact Nikon Asia with some of the my examples. they asked if i used any filters if not then send it in for service? I wish i could without spend a bomb on filters for the 14-24mm. lol... but no i didn't.
i am based in vietnam now and i bought the camera in singapore. In order to get a definitive diagnosis/fix on the matter, i will have to pay Nikon vietnam for the service fees which kinda sucks but no choice.
If it's inherent for a megapixel camera alike, then i will live with it and use post processing as above-mentioned.

This is a hot, active topic! colourful dots on picture during long exposure D800, pl... [View all] , ckhuu , Wed 14-Nov-12 12:25 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: colourful dots on picture during long exposure D800...