Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5757 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Chimping"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Fri 16-Nov-12 02:36 AM

Assuming you are shooting raw (if not, start), and don't use NX, then go into the settings and change the sharpness all the way to max.

This will over-sharpen on the LCD, but will not affect the raw image, nor how Adobe (or I think any other than NX) view it.

Having done that, I find that I can much more quickly see if I have sharp focus as I zoom in, or at least see better exactly what part of the frame is sharp. In some ways it makes the images a bit ugly, but I find it a big help in evaluating focus in a quick look zoomed or not.

If using NX you can turn it back down, but I think it then defaults, which is why you might not want to set it up. And of course don't set it up for JPG.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Chimping [View all] , MongolJustin , Wed 14-Nov-12 11:22 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Chimping