Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote Release for D800

Joelboy225

Alliance, US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Remote Release for D800"

Joelboy225 Registered since 03rd Sep 2012
Sun 18-Nov-12 11:47 PM

I have been using the 10 point wired MC remote release-forget the model number--that I've migrated from my F100>the D200>D700, finally to the D800 this fall. It seemed to work fine on the latest camera until a WV shoot in early Oct when I panicked to notice that it would not trigger the shutter no matter what I tried. Camera was fine while using it without out remote, using the 2 second delayed timer.

It was getting quickly dark so I couldn't more carefully check it out until we got back to the cabin and I discovered that the female, body mounted 10 receptor was actually pushed into the camera body and required a $125.00 repair through my local camera shop. Camera was never dropped and remote was not forced. I have no idea how it occurred.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am curious. It has me thinking I should have kept the D700 as it was bullet proof, or waited for the D600.
Joel

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Remote Release for D800 [View all] , krpowers316 , Tue 13-Nov-12 11:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote Release for D800