Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote Release for D800

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4131 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Remote Release for D800"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 14-Nov-12 01:53 PM

Any 10 pin remote release should work, Nikon has a rather expensive IR one the ML-3 (note the ML-L3 from your D5100). There are also a number or RF releases available for much lower prices on eBay. B&H also sells RF releases at intermediate prices. There is a ProMaster RF release available at many local camera stores.

The receivers for most, maybe all, of these devices have a foot that mounts in the hot shoe. Mounting the receiver in the hot shoe is just a convenience. There are no electrical connections in the receiver foot and the receivers are light enough to safely hang from the cord to the 10 pin socket, I frequently use my ProMaster RF release hanging from it's cord.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Remote Release for D800 [View all] , krpowers316 , Tue 13-Nov-12 11:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote Release for D800