Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ljordan316

Inverness, US
830 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: book on Nikon D800"

ljordan316 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2010
Wed 14-Nov-12 02:45 PM

While on a recent photo shoot for BIF, I needed to research my D800e settings to match the ones the trek leader was recommending based on his Canon bodies. I had David Busch's D800 book with me as well as Thom Hogan's eBook. I quickly gave up on finding the references I needed in David's book, and switched to Thom's eBook. There just are not enough index references in David's book to enable quick searches for things like AF lock on. I was able to do electronic searches of Thom's book and find every reference I needed. If I found a similar reference in David's book, it did not provide more information than Thom's...often less info.

I don't have DD's book, so I can't say how it compares with David's and Thom's.

Thom's info helped our trek leader understand Nikon features better than he had ever understood them before. He may even buy a D800e.

Larry Jordan

D800E, D500, 14-24, 16-35, 24-70, 70-180 Micro, 80-400mm AF-S, 500mm AF-S II

http://larryjordan.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic book on Nikon D800 [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Tue 13-Nov-12 01:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: book on Nikon D800