Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I BROKE MY SENSOR! (ok, I did not...)

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I BROKE MY SENSOR! (ok, I did not...)"

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Mon 12-Nov-12 07:48 PM | edited Mon 12-Nov-12 07:49 PM by klrbee25

Glad you found Eclipse and sensor swabs but sorry you found it the hard way! As you go forward, try just two or three cleanings before taking a break. It becomes an endless cycle of removing some dust and adding more in different places. Often the couple of outlier dust bunnies will fall off once you let the camera sit a bit.

As for testing the cleanliness of your sensor, the exposure TIME does not matter. Just stop down the aperture to f/22 and defocus completely. You can then shoot a clear blue or overcast sky without a flash or instead I use a flash and a white wall...hard to miss the dust spots. Shutter speed won't matter though as the dust bunnies are moving with the sensor.

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I BROKE MY SENSOR! (ok, I did not...) [View all] , kamputty , Mon 12-Nov-12 05:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I BROKE MY SENSOR! (ok, I did not...)