Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e...

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 early adopting...."

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Mon 09-Apr-12 10:46 PM

>If you can link directly to a page where he refutes his
>earlier findings please post it.

His blog post commits to his conclusions. In his responses to a couple of nicely reasoned comments, however, Ming indicated that he felt he could do a better job of focus testing.

There are always a few bad cameras in every new release. Based of field feedback from its networks, Nikon tweaks the line during early production runs in order to iron out bugs which creep in during mass production. Whatever hardware problem does in fact exist in a couple of small, early batches is not going to exist in later runs and does not seem to exist in current runs.

Already though, a number of D800 owners are declaring online that they need guidance with respect to focus testing, setting up AF testing charts on walls, how to use Auto FT, etc., etc. It's the usual rush by photographers to tweak a cameras which usually don't need tweaking but rather, instead, do need yet another round of handheld and tripod skills tweaking and another lesson in what constitutes a valid/reliable AF target/subject. There are also now a few people wailing that the D800 AF system may be another 1D MK III AF fiasco, which is hilarious considering the excellent D800 field trial results and the fact that people such as Ming are delighted with the camera's performance with many other lenses old and new.

So far not a word from Digital Darrell about left side/14-24 AF issues or indeed anybody else of note outside Asia Pacific/HK. Amateur sleuths pining for problems (and who spend too much time shooting test charts and brick walls) and oddball trolls don't count.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A general, generic topic I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e... [View all] , tommiejeep Gold Member , Sat 07-Apr-12 03:55 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D8...