Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e...

tommiejeep

Goa, IN
4638 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 early adopting...."

tommiejeep Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2008
Mon 09-Apr-12 02:55 AM

Howard, I agree on all points. By pure accident I bought the D300 on 10 Dec 2007. Walked into a small branch of Wolfes in Houston ,Tx, to buy a lenspen.... asked the manager if they had seen the D300 yet and they had rec'd 20 the day before. One of the pre-orders had not shown up to collect after several phone conversations and the manager was not happy....so.... Fortunately I only suffered from DBS once and the roving focus point but both were fixed with firmware.

My present thinking is that I will ask the Mumbai dealer when they expect another shipment. This is not due to the AF points issue but along you idea of letting the camera get "Tweaked" in general.

I did see all of Ming's post and blog comments. Funny, I would not have tested as such but would have been very upset shooting birds and having my 'composed' shot oof because I was using an outer point! I have high hopes for the new f8 AF since I've recently been shooting D300s/500vr/tc1.7 in very low morning light and had to move down to f7.1 from center point to get AF.

Cheers,
Tom

Manuel Sousa - alias... T.D.Hardin
http://taja.smugmug.com/
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

A general, generic topic I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e... [View all] , tommiejeep Gold Member , Sat 07-Apr-12 03:55 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D8...