Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e...

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 early adopting...."

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sun 08-Apr-12 08:51 PM

>I am well aware of some of the rubbish that gets posted on Dpr
>which is one of the reasons I joined Nikonians some time back
> .
>
>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=41128645

Nope . . . it's still rubbish. Read the whole thread on DPR. Ming agreed (on his own web site) and in the DPR thread that his tests were flawed. Early adopters - pros or not - who end up with one of the first couple of thousand cameras coming off the production line certainly do encounter problems. Problem is, none of the three pros I've talked to in Toronto who've received their D800 bodies have anything but praise for the cameras. Read Ming's blog and the DPR thread up to the point where he apologizes for the flaws in his testing and states that he'll be doing some corrected testing soon.

My D800 is not here yet and I'm really glad it is not here just yet. If it shows up sometime in late May, that will mean it's from a tweaked production run. "Tweaked" in this case means that some initial production teething/QC/adjustment/calibration issues will have been worked out quite nicely I'll wager.

When I ordered my D700 on the day it was announced several years ago, I was delivered of an early production run unit with an almost DOA AF system. The AF system took about three weeks to die. The replacement D700 was from a later shipment which exhibited no problems whatsoever and still works beautifully. Call me cynical, but early adoption is early adoption. I say, let some other people be pioneers - especially with complex electronic gear.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A general, generic topic I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D800 e... [View all] , tommiejeep Gold Member , Sat 07-Apr-12 03:55 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm getting cold feet (or cooler feet :) )about D8...