Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Flash setting for slave flash on D800E

DAJolley

US
1300 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Flash setting for slave flash on D800E"

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007
Mon 12-Nov-12 02:41 PM | edited Mon 12-Nov-12 05:00 PM by DAJolley

You have to use the built-in flash to trigger a slave unless you attach a wireless trigger device. You first have to set the built-in flash to "commander" mode using custom menu setting e3 and set the mode to "--". Using this setting the flash will fire a series of pre-flashes to communicate with the slave(s).The camera setup is explained in the manual on pg 303. You will also have to set your slave flash to work in commander mode, refer to your specific flashes manual for this information. I went through this the other day and setting up the camera took much less time than figuring out how to configure my SB600.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

A topic tagged as having a question Flash setting for slave flash on D800E [View all] , Herbc , Mon 12-Nov-12 12:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash setting for slave flash on D800E