Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Tri...

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2807 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Trigger -TESTED"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Mon 09-Apr-12 09:30 PM

Well for me, one of the BIG things the wizards do, is allow me to trigger off zones. This may not be a need you have right now. But it lets me fire a set of remotes/strobes in one place, or another set in another place. Either independently, or at the same time. They also have a high-speed sync mode which lets you trigger speed lights and some other lights at speeds higher than 1/250. For fill flash, or for things that are moving VERY quickly, this can be a terrific advantage.

They also relay for each other. So if you get out of distance, you can set another unit in the middle and move further away, and the unit in the middle will act as a relay to the further most point. You can set up MANY this way. You may never have a need for that, but I was reading a story during the winter Olympics where a photographer needed to trigger remotes for the bobsled event. And by relaying, was able to put remotes the entire length of the track. Over 2 miles if I remember correctly.

It sounds like you got a good system at a VERY fair price. I am not knocking it at all, was just curious if you'd considered the Wizards and decided against them for some reason. I see price was an issue in your decision making, so that is WELL understood.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as news D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Tri... [View all] , walk43 , Mon 09-Apr-12 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash...