Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Tri...

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Trigger -TESTED"

walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Mon 09-Apr-12 05:58 PM

So,that's a good question. Orignally I had a Vivitar unit on my D90 that didn't work too well but it and others like it were about $35. At the time I didn't want to spend $170-$200 or whatever to use only the basic things I use it for. When I chose the Phottix at $100 it seemed to give me all I needed and a little more for less than the Wizard. It works wired for at-hand macro work and wireless for tripod work where I stand back or out of sight with the camera set-up in a blind. So that was my reasoning. However...just like the typical tripod 'migration path' where I am on my third one because I didn;t want to spend the money...I hope I don't need a Wizard in 2 years and have to try to sell the Phottix. I am not a pro and don't do flash work much except on my macro stuff and I have the Nikon R1 System for that...it works great.I just do this for fun and try to keep the cost down so I can spend it on other gear. Thanks for asking though...it reminds me to rethink some of my decisons before I act.

What might the Wizard do that I could use?? I guess I could send this back!!

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as news D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash Tri... [View all] , walk43 , Mon 09-Apr-12 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Third Party Wireless Shutter Release and Flash...