Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Larger CF cards will not play back???

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Larger CF cards will not play back???"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 09-Nov-12 08:01 AM

Prices have really come down so a good quality 16gig CF is about the smallest you could use effectively without being highly constrained by lack of storage space. Set your compression to 14 bit lossless compressed to shrink RAW files down to about 42mb each. Natively, uncompressed are 72+mb/image.
Regarding the failure to play back......can you see the embedded jpg of the raw image that camera saves? Or does the it hot show any image on the rear display? I am sure the card is not on the tested and approved list published in the manual by Nikon but I've used a number if newer off brand cards with good success. Being able to format in-camera without errors indicates the cards are addressing correctly, where old microdrive CF would not.
Try another card from the approved list and if the problem still persists maybe your local pro camera store can help you figure it out...one of the best reasons to support local stores in major purchases.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Larger CF cards will not play back??? [View all] , profotoguy , Thu 08-Nov-12 07:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Larger CF cards will not play back???