Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any Guidance For "Safe" D800E Serial Numbers?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Any Guidance For "Safe" D800E Serial Numbers?"

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Thu 15-Nov-12 02:17 AM

Hello Again Nick,

I did buy a D800E that had the focus problem (bought from Berger Bros.) and did return it rather than try to jump through the repair route hoops. However, I had to pay the shipping both ways and ended up out of pocket $136.00. That did not seem like a good result since the reason for the return was the defect in the camera. I am not faulting Berger Bros. but feel that Nikon should step up and help its customers who receive a defective product. In any event I don't regret returning the camera after hearing some of the really bad reports from those who have tried to get their cameras properly repaired. At this time I am more or less waiting until Crutchfield again offers double points, which will help recoup the shipping costs I had to pay. It appears that pretty much all the dealers now have the camera in stock.

JDT

A general, generic topic Any Guidance For "Safe" D800E Serial Numbers? [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Wed 07-Nov-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any Guidance For "Safe" D800E Serial Numbers?