Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mfphoto1

Cincinnati, US
733 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D800 file sizes"

mfphoto1 Registered since 29th Oct 2005
Wed 07-Nov-12 02:13 PM

I shoot the D800 and my raw file size ranges from 38-48 mb right out of the camera. I processed some images yesterday as medium jpegs (quality 10 in image processing out of bridge) my files range from 3-6 mb at 300 ppi.

I also came from a D300 and the raw file size is quite a jump. It works for me, but it's way more than most people need or want. As far as the D800 itself as far as function and quality of picture I love it. I warn you there will be a learning curve shooting with it and shooting sports with it will definitely take some time to adjust to.

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 file sizes [View all] , AZ Nikon Silver Member , Wed 07-Nov-12 03:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 file sizes