Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 and photo trek leaders

ljordan316

Inverness, US
830 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 and photo trek leaders"

ljordan316 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2010
Sat 03-Nov-12 08:36 PM

I understand your point.

However, I have seen a full spectrum of trek and workshop leaders over the past three years on the eight photo treks I have taken (trips that I had to pay a fee to attend). I also compare them to guides with Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT); my wife and I have been on five international trips with them over the past five years.

I keep a spreadsheet of costs per trip, and I compare it with costs of prospective trips...yes, I am anal about costs. Why not...once spent, it does not come back.

Anyway, I came up with a rating system today that will normalize my spreadsheet based on the leader/guide and the quality of photo experience I have had or expect to have based on my experience with guides.

My spreadsheet calculates cost per day for a trip. I then divide that by the quality of the leader on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 as highest quality. I can then look at the bottom line to see what trips cost the least per day and which trips give me the lowest cost with quality factored in.

So far I like what I am getting from the spreadsheet. It will help me pick future trips better than I have done in past years.

Larry Jordan

D800E, D500, 14-24, 16-35, 24-70, 70-180 Micro, 80-400mm AF-S, 500mm AF-S II

http://larryjordan.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 and photo trek leaders [View all] , ljordan316 Silver Member , Fri 02-Nov-12 10:35 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 and photo trek leaders