Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
wooster

UK
120 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Using Manual Focus"

wooster Registered since 02nd Nov 2011
Fri 02-Nov-12 07:09 PM | edited Fri 02-Nov-12 07:12 PM by wooster

I will just stick to AF. I doubt my efforts at MF would better it. I cannot see how LV would help me for my type of portraiture. Perrone, and anyone else who uses this method a lot, I'd be most grateful if you could explain to me how you use it. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I can't work out how to do it.

To be clear to everyone, my original question wasn't aimed at discrediting the D800AF but to find out how people managed MF accurately in any DSLR. I only posted it in the D800 spot because there didn't seem to be a section more suitable.

Interesting point about the viewer. I was under the impression that the D800 had to downgrade the LV image due to the high resolution so assumed a viewer wouldn't have helped, but would simply magnify the unclear image. I have taken Roderick's mention of the magnifying eyepiece on board mind you and have one arriving tomorrow.

Wooster

A general, generic topic Using Manual Focus [View all] , wooster , Wed 31-Oct-12 10:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Using Manual Focus