Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 03-Nov-12 02:15 PM

I liked the video Craig, and like they say in the link you provided, great blacks in your night shots! Good to see the Nikon's moving into Hollywood. Thom thinks Nikon is going to continue to move into the video world in a big way.

I've got a major video edit to process this weekend. Been using iMovie to date but my most recent shoot I operated two cameras simultaneously. D4 in 2.7 (actual pixels) crop mode and 300mm for tight headshots of actors on stage and D800E at 70-100 mmm wide shot covering the whole stage. I intend to use sound to sync the two streams and then multi-cam to intercut between wide and tight views. Very intimidating for me, I'll need to purchase FCP X and I think Plural Eyes too. I already had Dual Eyes which is great for single-camera work. Big learning curve ahead!

Keep us posted.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A topic tagged as in need of help d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual [View all] , CraigFPG , Wed 31-Oct-12 05:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual