Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual

CraigFPG

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual"

CraigFPG Registered since 31st Oct 2012
Wed 31-Oct-12 06:49 PM

New to Nikon cameras for video and feel like a newbie. Testing out a d800 with a set of Zeiss zf.2 lenses for video work.

When I put the camera in "M" manual mode all four zf.2 lenses we have still auto expose. For example, I can stop down and point the camera at a dark floor and the aperture ring will start to automatically rotate to a decent exposure without touching a thing. If I lock the exposure ring on the lens and try to use the forward camera dial for exposure nothing.

In the manual it says for CPU lenses in manual mode use the back dial for shutter, which works (24fps movie setting/50 shutter speed) and use the forward dial for exposure, not working.

Obviously not understanding something. I know it's got to be a menu or dial setting I just have not discovered yet. zf.2's do have a CPU for everything but AF so not sure what is going on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A topic tagged as in need of help d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual [View all] , CraigFPG , Wed 31-Oct-12 05:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d800 and Zeiss zf.2 problems when in manual