Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
txstone12

Texas, US
599 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help me out please"

txstone12 Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012
Fri 26-Oct-12 02:28 AM

I agree that the shot is just fine as it is - a very fine motion shot. It does remind me of an early D800/E 'Initial Field Impressions' review at the url below - look for Autofocus Tracking

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/nikon_d800__e_initial_impressions.shtml

The reviewer took a burst of 15 continuous shots of his Golden Retriever running toward him with the D800E. He said he was using 'autofocus tracking'. I'm not sure what that means to everyone. Thom Hogan in his D800 book refers to Track Focus - holding down the AF-ON button in AF-C mode while shooting. The reviewer was shooting at f/8, auto-ISO and a shutter speed of 1/1000 for his series FWIW.

I also wanted to ask, how do we just know that the conditions for this photo were EV11, mas o menos? I'm missing something here and don't know where that information is coming from? Could you share how you know that, Brian?

Thanks,

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

This is a hot, active topic! Help me out please [View all] , Escaladieu Silver Member , Tue 23-Oct-12 12:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help me out please