Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Advice need from fellow Nikonions

stappy

Alexandria, US
225 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Advice need from fellow Nikonions"

stappy Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Aug 2009
Mon 22-Oct-12 08:12 PM

This is the first case I have come across where the phase detect autofocus (viewfinder) is good but contrast detect (Live View) had a problem. The typical reported case is the reverse. As such, you might want to provide some additional information regarding your testing and maybe post some examples.
As far as I understand, the contrast detection uses the actual sensor data and thus there is no real "AF sensor". In particular, there is no left, center or right AF sensor.
In any event, if you sent your D800 to Nikon, I don't see that it would simply be sent through the "Left Focus" procedure since yours is not the issue that everyone else is experiencing.

Brian

A general, generic topic Advice need from fellow Nikonions [View all] , fires1 , Mon 22-Oct-12 05:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Advice need from fellow Nikonions