Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING!

flashdeadline

Havelock, US
4118 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING!"

flashdeadline Administrator Expert professional photojournalist Awarded for his multiple contributions to the eZine, Newsletters and more Nikonian since 07th Apr 2002
Fri 19-Oct-12 01:48 PM

Almost afraid to ask because this could be a real dumb question-- but here goes:
If you google "SD car extension" a few small cable devices come up right away. These are basically a stretch of ribbon tape connected to a female SD card socket and a male SD card docking element.

I could visualize an item like that carefully wrapped along the side of a flash bracket. or on the legs of a tripod (near the camera with plenty of slack for mobility).

Cost seems to average less than $30 USD.

Anything flat out wrong with that approach? The only thing I can think of would be a safety sensor in the D800 that won't allow shooting with the card slot cover open. I checked the manual and see no such warning.

The WT-4 Wireless runs more than $700 USD and if you can afford the D800 you can probably afford it-- but I'm thinking of someone who rarely has the demand for wireless shooting and has already strained the budget with extra goodies for the D800.
---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera."

A general, generic topic Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING! [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Thu 18-Oct-12 04:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARN...