Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING!

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING!"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 19-Oct-12 08:43 AM | edited Fri 19-Oct-12 08:44 AM by km6xz

If I had one I would try an experiment of cutting an odd multiple of 3.12cm(1/4 wavelength at 2.4Ghz) length of metalized tape and attaching it to the back of the Eye-Fi card with an adhesive before inserting it. Trim the width of the tape to about 1/8th the length or narrower. Then let the metalized tape hang out slightly from the card compartment by some small amount when the door is closed. A reasonable total length would be the 3/4 wavelength of 2.4ghz or 9.37cm long. That should act as an antenna and couple signal to the card's antenna. I've done this before in other low Ghz telemetry sensors and was able to get workable distance improvements.
The metalized take can be regular adhesive tape with a metallic coating, in my case I used decorative ribbon for gift wrapping that has a platting of aluminium on Mylar. Flexible, no-cost, and worked great.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING! [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Thu 18-Oct-12 04:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800/E and Eye-Fi Cards, INCOMPATIBILITY WARN...