Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photography Life camera to lens calibration article.

mabuge

BE
54 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Photography Life camera to lens calibration article."

mabuge Registered since 18th Mar 2012
Fri 19-Oct-12 06:03 PM

Yes indeed Richard, it is pretty expensive to get it to Europe (+ import taxes). When I ordered, transportation to the continent costed exactly 35$. I had to pay an extra charge for import at delivery (I don't remember how much).

Related to hoping that repairs solve back or front focus... I had repairs to a lens and got a new TC + a repair of my D800E. The camera showed the known left-right focus issue + back focus. After repair, none of my lenses is dead on at AF adjustment 0. So I'm happy I bought LensAlign. My reasoning is that if you can afford a D800 + lenses, a product like LensAlign is a well spent cost, better than the expensive protection filters almost everyone puts in front to protect their lenses (only required at a windy beach, sand and salty water, or likewise I'd say).

The point I also wanted to make is that comment #50 makes me curious about the new FocusTune software Michael Tapes mentions, soon to appear... it works with LensAlign or stand-alone. With LensAlign you probably can do more. Interesting introduction price of $29.95 ($19.95 for MKII owners)! Take a look.

Marc

A general, generic topic Photography Life camera to lens calibration article. [View all] , richardd300 Silver Member , Mon 15-Oct-12 04:42 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Photography Life camera to lens calibration article...