Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 in the British Virgin Islands

redswept

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800 in the British Virgin Islands"

redswept Registered since 30th Sep 2012
Tue 16-Oct-12 05:41 AM

I've gotten shots like this and I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Your exposure settings seem fine based on image metadata at 3200 ISO, 15s. I'd imagine you need to find a place with less light pollution - yes there was a distant city in my picture, but that was a pretty small tropical city on an island. And I was on what was basically a deserted island with minimal backlight and (very) clear skies due to the location. I hear people get good shots in the desert as well like Nevada. Further, you might be shooting the tail of the Milky Way galaxy here although I can't tell from the shot. Make sure you're getting the galactic center - I remember getting a shot similar to yours when I hadn't aimed the camera in the right direction even while in the BVI.

As for the Glidecam, I find the Glidecam HD-2000 works and some people even use the HD-4000.

A general, generic topic Nikon D800 in the British Virgin Islands [View all] , redswept , Sun 14-Oct-12 05:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 in the British Virgin Islands