Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet?

chroaz

Cave Creek, US
745 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet?"

chroaz Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009
Sun 18-Nov-12 03:43 AM

Not quite sure what you mean by "another party", but I dealt directly with Nikon customer service, met with the techs at the new service center in LA, Wilshire Blvd, and they "adjusted" my D800, so that, at least for now, without extensive re-focus evaluation, things seem fine. I'm kinda tired of shooting test targets to test edge focusing issues and am more concerned with real-life performance. I also gave them my 24-70 to "mate". Both came back within 8 days (UPS next day) apparently fine - as I say, I havn't done more Focal and FocusTune testing, but it seems to me, from field shooting, focus performance is acceptable and wide open, with f/2.8 lenses, I don't see any issues.

One can test to death and find fault with anything - but so far things appear to be better.

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.throughmeyelens.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet? [View all] , pponzo99 Silver Member , Sat 13-Oct-12 11:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues ye...
Reply message Theory on why they can't fix it.
Reply message RE: Theory on why they can't fix it.