Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet?

rplst8

Johnstown, US
150 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet?"

rplst8 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2008
Tue 06-Nov-12 05:11 PM

Well, mine is going back again.

Nikon contacted me yesterday, after about a week of waiting for them to respond to my request. I'm not upset about that at all, I knew with the hurricane it would be hectic up there for awhile, but I'm just mentioning it. The Melville facility was off-line for about a week due to the hurricane - Thom H. reported on this today on his blog.

Anyway, they want me to send it back along with my 50mm lens that I tested with. They've provided a shipping label again, as they did for the 2nd repair attempt (this is my 3rd return for those who haven't been following along).

Wish me luck.

I did nab these shots with the D800 while in DC over the weekend.

Click on image to view larger version

--
RL

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my Flickr page.

This is a hot, active topic! Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues yet? [View all] , pponzo99 Silver Member , Sat 13-Oct-12 11:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is Melville capable of fixing the D800 AF issues ye...
Reply message Theory on why they can't fix it.
Reply message RE: Theory on why they can't fix it.