Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Replacement battery door cover for D800

K64drb

Blacksburg, US
324 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Replacement battery door cover for D800"

K64drb Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Feb 2012
Thu 08-Nov-12 01:09 AM

I do not know for sure how it came off. I was out in the woods at the time, realized the battery door was not on the camera, and found it nearby on the ground. In order for it to fall off, sequentially the door had to unlatch and open first. Then, once it was hanging loose, get brushed against something that dislodged it from the camera. It could have been my error to securely latch it the last time I replaced the battery, or perhaps I brushed the bottom of the camera against some brush or something that snagged the latch and opened the door and I didn't see it. I really do not know - it only happened once.

Although clearly it is a nice feature that I wouldn't change, the battery latch keeps the battery in place allowing the camera to keep working if the door accidentally opens. Once its open, and hanging by the hinge, it is easily dislodged from that point. If the battery fell out when the door opened, then you would know it immediately if you were actively shooting because you would loose power. But I like the D800 battery latch the way it is. Just recognize that if the door is accidentally opened,and you don't notice it, it can then be easily kocked off hanging in the open position.

For me, there is a simple fix using a small piece of electrical tape as a safety measure.

Dave

This is a hot, active topic! Replacement battery door cover for D800 [View all] , ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Fri 12-Oct-12 03:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Replacement battery door cover for D800