Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 in cold weather/cold temp

tsgphoto

CA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 in cold weather/cold temp"

tsgphoto Registered since 03rd Sep 2012
Wed 17-Oct-12 03:42 PM

Hi. Nice of you to inquire. Are you having similar issue? While it happened 2-3 times early on when I first acquired my D800, I've now used it a fair bit (some 20-30 hockey games, pro/AHL and amateur)and it has not reoccurred. I'm hoping the issue actually was with the user (me!) and not the camera. I suspect it may be that the battery was so low it was not turning the screen on when asked, nor allowing any of the back side buttons to function. I've also acquired the grip and second battery...so I now never really run on low power....that's why I suspect low power main have actually been the issue (or should I say clueless user was the issue.) I'll post again if the issue arises again.

A topic tagged as in need of help D800 in cold weather/cold temp [View all] , tsgphoto , Sat 15-Sep-12 10:14 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 in cold weather/cold temp