Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MichaelWise

CA
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Playback Freeze"

MichaelWise Registered since 20th Jun 2012
Sun 04-Nov-12 01:55 AM

This is a follow up on my September 28, 2012 post.
I received my camera back from Nikon Canada last week. The lock-up problem was not resolved. They commented on the repair form returned with the camera that it had been cleaned and checked, adding as a note "Multiselector Button was in lock position". No other information was provided.
I am wondering how they think this could be related to menu and playback lock-up. The Multi Selector does not have a lock position - the control surrounding the Multi Selector is the Focus Selector Lock and its position has no effect on the menu and playback controls. Lock-up has occurred with this control in both the locked and unlocked positions. Also, switching it on and of during lock-up has no effect.
The camera goes back to Nikon next week with a much more detailed description of the problem including the conditions under which lock-up occurs, how the controls behave during lock-up and the actions I have tried (both successful and unsuccessful) to clear a lock-up.
Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Any advise would be most welcome.

A general, generic topic D800 Playback Freeze [View all] , Sal57 Silver Member , Sun 09-Sep-12 12:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Playback Freeze