Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fine Tuning with the D800

NYNikon115

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Fine Tuning with the D800"

NYNikon115 Registered since 17th Aug 2012
Fri 17-Aug-12 03:36 PM

I recently received a D800. With talk about the left AF, I checked the accuracy of the focus points. I found I needed to fine tune two lenses between minus 14-16. At this setting the points all seem to be fine. Just curious, as I never really fine tuned before. Do most users find such a high number acceptable? Is the number likely attributable to the lens, the camera, or both? I've read reports where people were very unhappy with high fine tuning adjustments, while others did not need to adjust much. As long as it's fine tuned, I am ok, but I my concern would be to get a lens in the future and finding it needs even more- and if it was above -20. Also upon reading the manual, I saw Nikon does not recommend fine tuning, unless warranted, as it can interfere with the auto-focus accuracy.
Thank you for any responses.

A general, generic topic Fine Tuning with the D800 [View all] , NYNikon115 , Fri 17-Aug-12 01:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fine Tuning with the D800