I've had mine for months, but have only played with it a bit. I am really going to start using it more this month. For me, as a sports shooter, it comes down to a few things...
1. It's silent if I want it to be. For golf, or other times when you need to be ABSOLUTELY discreet, this cannot be over emphasized.
2. It shoots 10fps (or more with caveats).
3. The crop factor allows me to carry FAR smaller lenses, with much less weight. For the first time in my life, I am really considering buying one of the superzooms. Because on this camera, being able to go from 50mm-500mm equivalent is a real possibility. That has me VERY thrilled.
4. It shoots video. And it can shoot video and stills at the same time. This will be HUGE for swimming and diving when I start shooting that later this year.
5. It's tiny. I can put a superzoom and the camera with adapter in a small tourist sized bag and have all I need for the day.
I think this thing is going to get a LOT of use for me.