Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
sabbey51

Saddle River, US
648 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Fn button question"

sabbey51 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010
Mon 18-Oct-10 06:12 PM

Probably just my ignorance, but I can't figure out how to make the Fn button (or the Preview button) do what I want. What I want is to have Fn bring up My Menu, as page 230-231 in the manual says. So I select that option, and press OK. Back out of Menu mode into shooting mode. When I press Fn, nothing happens. Same with Preview button, which page 232 says offers the same options.

It's not the button itself; if I select Viewfinder virtual horizon, for instance, it seems to work fine: press it and get the VH at the bottom of the display, press again and the normal shutter speed, f-stop, show up.

Am I missing something? Do some of these options only work in some shooting modes? I'm trying this in P.

A general, generic topic Fn button question [View all] , sabbey51 Gold Member , Mon 18-Oct-10 04:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fn button question
Reply message RE: Fn button question