Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 review"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Mon 18-Oct-10 08:50 AM

You are right Roger, I downloaded the fall leaf image and added just a hair of sharpening in PS CS5 and have no complaints about sharpness, but rather liked how much detail was still available in the shadows to work with. The RAW files would sure be interesting to play with.
I know the sharpening is different with every camera, some experimenting is needed before anyone can judge the camera realistically. The D90 serves as a good example. I remember reading the DPR review and it panned it compared to a Canon model due to softness at default and later added a comment that they do not make changes to default setting for reviews to explain why, after a few month, they were being critisized for a bad review when other reviews had come out in the meantime that showed more of what people were actually getting from using it in the field. Who knows what sharpening value is needed with the D7000, but apparently Nikon was even more conservative in creating defaults for this model. The posters on DPR who have posted stunning OOC JPGs had bumped it to 6. PC sharpening in Standard profile.
What good is a review that does not experiment a little or know the variabilities that have great influence over the output? It was interesting to read the posts follow it on the blog of those who were going to cancel their orders. Wow, the power of un-critical thinking...they are probably not suited for such a camera with so much adjust-ability anyway.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 review [View all] , TomCurious , Sun 17-Oct-10 03:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 review