Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JPJ

Toronto, CA
1327 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 review"

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009
Sun 17-Oct-10 09:24 PM

I read this and I am not sure what to call it, a review I suppose, but iI don't know how I would use this to determine the potential image quality of the D7000. I could take these pictures with a D3s if I didn't use proper technique/settings.

If we are going to test sharpness we need to eliminate user error and have controls. I would like to see the camera on a tripod and converted RAW shots at base ISO in decent lighting. Why handheld JPG samples in challenged lighting?

There is nothing in these shots that give me reason to believe that user error couldn't account for the 'reported problem'.

Incidentally, a number of users on other boards are reporting and posting beautifully sharp images shot in RAW and converted with the provided version of View NX2.

I agree with others here that have noted that a number of people reported the same 'mushy image' problem with the D90 when it came out. Turns out that Nikon simply had the default settings turned down to a very conservative level.

I would be shocked to find out that Nikon has waded into the MP pool with an inherently soft $1000+ camera, taking a 180 from their successful business model of producing sharp/noise busting DSLRs.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 review [View all] , TomCurious , Sun 17-Oct-10 03:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 review