Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed

mvlow1974

US
107 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed"

mvlow1974 Registered since 03rd Dec 2012
Sun 09-Dec-12 04:06 PM

Hi,

I realize this is an old post, but it seems the appropriate place to post my question instead of starting a new post. I just upgraded to a D7000 from a D5100 last week and was testing out the new camera with a Tamron 70-300mm yesterday. I was using f/16 and f/22, while taking landscape pictures. When I got home, I noticed a dust spot on the top right corner of all of my pictures. I was surprised because the camera is brand new, but realize after some research this is not abnormal. I didn't notice any dust spots on my D5100 pictures but then again I rarely stopped down to f/16 or f22 during the few months that I owned it.

I tried the automatic sensor cleaning function three times and it did not get rid of the dust spot, so I am ordering a Rocket blower to see if that does the trick.

My question is regarding regular maintenance of the sensor. Is there a negative side to setting the D7000 to do the automatic sensor cleaning at every start up and shut down? For example is it a large battery drain or can it cause any kind of excessive wear to the sensor mechanism. Also, the manual indicates you should place the camera on it's base before starting the automatic sensor cleaning. If the cleaning is starting at every start up and shut down, there will be times when I turn the camera on and it will not be on it's base. Will that have any negative impact on the sensor and/or make the dust situation worse.

I do not want to do a wet cleaning for one dust spot on a brand new camera, so I am hoping that the rocker blower and regular automatic cleaning will work for a while.

A general, generic topic D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed [View all] , batury , Mon 04-Apr-11 11:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed