Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed

jadiniz

Estoril, PT
350 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed"

jadiniz Registered since 25th Dec 2010
Mon 13-Jun-11 09:31 PM

Most definetely a problem if you shoot regularly with small apertures (high f numbers), as in landscape photography. My D7000 was quite similar to that condition, but using a good hand blower cleaned most of the stuff - not all.

My own testing for dust involves standing close to a white wall, selecting manual everything, closing the aperture as much as possible, focusing for infinity and using low ISO to make sure with an exposure time of around a couple of seconds the whites will be whites. No need for bright lights, just an indoor wall. Then, click the shutter and move the camera in circles during the exposure, to make absolutely sure the white wall is detail free and completely smooth. Then, import the pic to lightroom and adjust contrast curve to make the dots really stand out.

Kind like taking a long exposure landscape pic with lots of sky and seeing a huge amount of "birds"!

I've tried cleaning the sensor myself with a vacuum/wet/dry kit, but results weren't perfect, even after a couple of repetitions. The blower and five or six "system" sensor cleaning cycles got it to an acceptable degree (only a few spots to clean while processing a normal landscape pic).

This is quite annoying, since now I tend to limit myself to shallower DOF pics...

http://egozarolho.blogspot.com
1. Good content, good aesthetics and good tecnique. On that order.
2. Light is more important than glass and pixels.
3. In the digital photography process, software is as important as gear.

A general, generic topic D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed [View all] , batury , Mon 04-Apr-11 11:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed