Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10646 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help Plz"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Tue 29-Mar-11 10:02 AM

I use a pair of 16gb Sandisk Extreme cards. The Class 10 is the current standard. Class 6 will work fine. 8GB would probably be adequate for photography - and will hold around 300 images. The camera will tell you it holds less - but due to compression of RAW images, you will get 300 or so under typical conditions.

If you shoot video or a lot of wildlife, a larger card is more important. I shoot 6 GB or less of landscapes in a day, but for wildlife will go beyond that.

Card speed is most important with downloads. The write speed in your camera is pretty fast, and the card will not typically be a limiting factor.

Be sure you buy from a reputable source. Avoid eBay unless you have a known reliable vendor. There are a lot of counterfeit cards from unreliable sources. Stick with known brands - Sandisk, Lexar, and Transcend. If the price looks too good to be true - it is.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic Help Plz [View all] , wmcy Gold Member , Tue 29-Mar-11 01:18 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help Plz