Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on the...

beemerman2k

Ellington, US
441 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on the D7000!"

beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006
Thu 14-Oct-10 12:20 AM

My D70s just died yesterday after 5 years of great photo experiences. I placed it into my backpack and a can of soda burst open at some point in my travels. D70s will no longer start up. I probably took about 60+K pictures with that camera, so I know what you mean when you say you know it well. I had all my custom settings, like adjusting exposure compensation via the command dial in Aperture Priority mode, all dialed in. I also loved the fact that it was a 6mp camera as the RAW file sizes were nice and manageable in size.

I really want to wait for that D400, or whatever the successor to the D300 will be named. I expect it will be a D7000 with all the most frequently used controls mounted as external dials like on the D300 (metering mode, auto focus mode, etc).

This D7000 is what started me down this path. This is everything I wanted in that D700 and more, for less. This camera is sweet!

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on the... [View all] , Bluez4u , Mon 11-Oct-10 12:08 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on...