Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1766 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: jpeg"

Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Sat 12-Feb-11 05:23 AM

If you are going to keep shooting photographs like this, you should definitely be shooting RAW! That is a great image.

When shooting jpeg, which I sometimes do, my first step is to make an 8 bit tiff copy of the jpeg. That way I do not have to do anything further with the jpeg and it can be kept safe. Any further work on the image is done on the tiff.

RAW gives you infinitely more data to work with, though, and many more options if the image needs work.

If you are serious about your photography it would be well worth spending the time to learn how to work with RAW...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

A general, generic topic jpeg [View all] , Todd Secki , Sat 12-Feb-11 01:56 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: jpeg