Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
po6ept

Peoria, US
40 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: On the fence"

po6ept Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Nov 2010
Fri 11-Feb-11 02:50 PM | edited Fri 11-Feb-11 03:02 PM by po6ept

I also moved from a D90 to a D7000. I was completely happy with the D90 but I upgraded for the increased flexibility the D7000 offers and for the dual memory card slots - not because I thought it would give me better photos.

A defective SD card in the D90 cost me a day's shooting and it really got under my skin, so having the in-camera backup became the tie-breaker for me. Then again, maybe I just wanted a new toy and that was the excuse. It's hard to tell sometimes.

As Tom said, you might want to consider spending the $1200 on glass rather than on a new body unless you need or want a specific D7000 feature. The D90 is an excellent camera. $1200 comes close to getting you a used 70-200mm f/2.8 or a brand new Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 paired with a fast prime. The D7000 does work extremely well at high ISO settings, but fast glass wins over high ISO.

Bob
Phoenix, AZ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic On the fence [View all] , browntdb Silver Member , Thu 10-Feb-11 05:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence