Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual vs Program Mode

chris_platt

Newburg, US
751 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Manual vs Program Mode"

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009
Tue 08-Feb-11 12:40 AM

It all depends.... I shoot manual if I'm taking a series for a pano. I shoot aperture priority most of the time - because I want to control DOF. I shoot shutter priority if I am walking around in the woods with a 50-500 OS - I keep the shutter speed at 400, leave OS on, and set auto ISO - it lets OS work wonders for me while hand-holding at 500mm. It all depends, but these cameras are darn smart and the D7000 is the smartest ever. The matrix metering works wonders, so do the scene modes - shoot aperture or shutter priority and add +EV for snow and beaches or shoot scene mode for snow and beaches and watch the miracle. There is no one right answer other than knowing the capabilities of the camera and taking charge when you know the camera may get confused or you know what the programmed answer is and you don't want that answer - that happens less and less as these cameras get smarter and smarter. IMO.

Visit my gallery.

A general, generic topic Manual vs Program Mode [View all] , wkramer , Sun 06-Feb-11 06:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Manual vs Program Mode