Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SD Card speed question

enesunkie

Buffalo, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SD Card speed question"

enesunkie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2008
Wed 29-Sep-10 08:19 AM

I believe you have one of the fastest SD cards out there now unfortunately. You are right, the CF cards are faster. That is why they are preferred by professionals and used in the "pro" bodies. Not many people have had the opportunity to test the D7000 yet, but I would doubt that this card would limit the capabilities of the camera. I believe you may see a slight improvement in speed though when transferring files to your computer over the class 6 cards. I have a bunch of the Sandisk Extreme III’s. I haven’t had any problems with them and the brand is generally recommended here. I did just recently see an article on new technologies in SD cards with speeds comparable to the current batch of CF cards, but by then, the CF technology will have its own improvements!

Kurt

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question SD Card speed question [View all] , KnightPhoto Gold Member , Wed 29-Sep-10 02:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SD Card speed question