Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000's ripple effect

pdekman

Swisher, US
1058 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000's ripple effect"

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Winner in the Annual Nikonians Best Images Contest 2015 Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005
Sat 25-Sep-10 04:43 PM | edited Sat 25-Sep-10 05:16 PM by pdekman

Good summary of the considerations that different shooters face at the moment. This reflects some of my thinking as a D200 shooter who is now ready for an upgrade to better ISO performance and improved AF.

I can purchase the D7K or D300s for comparable cost, or pick up a used D300 for even less. Each is better than what I currently own - in areas that matter to my shooting - so I'm ready to purchase.

The deciding factor for me is a desire to own two bodies for photo trips, and that my wife is beginning to get more interested in learning photography - God bless her! With that in mind, I think I'll ditch the past and move forward with a D7K/D200 now and trade up to a D400/D7K future. (i.e. I'll just NAS my way through a tough decision )

The D7K is weather sealed, responsive, handles older lenses, will program to AF-On usage, and has Mirror-Up capability. It does not have a 10-pin connector for accessories, but I think that is a fair trade for the latest in sensor technology, 14-bit image pipeline and better video capabilities. I'll guess that the new battery will be the same as the D400 and that they will share menu/selector ergonomics as well.

I've had my D200 since Dec-05 and it has been a great purchase. If pressed to own a single camera, I'd probably trade for a used D300 now and wait for the D400 to arrive.

Thank you Nikon for such a great set of choices!

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic D7000's ripple effect [View all] , JPJ Silver Member , Sat 25-Sep-10 02:30 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000's ripple effect