Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stuck.

BigBen636

IL
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stuck."

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013
Sun 22-Sep-13 11:08 PM

Hi Howard,

The Rabbi, will give me leeway to do what I want, but off course I don’t want to do anything that might do any damage to the Torah.
Though I want to photograph the reading of weekly portion to show the fonts of Sephardic style. Some of the letters of the text on the silver housing is difficult for even the Rabbi to decipher. Since this is on loan to our new Synagogue I want record its beauty and more important to document the text so it will be available in the future, since some of text it is hardly legible.. Guess after over 400 years of usage it has had it’s effect. Must admit I’m impressed of your knowledge of the Torah parts. I had to look them up. The mantel looks very new, but the beauty is the silver case that has the text. I was thinking of experimenting using a polarizing filter, though it will make exposure more difficult, but think it may help with the reflection and give it more contrast.
Thank you for your advice.
Ben

A general, generic topic Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stuck. [View all] , BigBen636 , Sun 22-Sep-13 10:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stu...