Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

On the fence and need a shove.

RLDubbya

US
553 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: On the fence and need a shove."

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011
Tue 13-Aug-13 02:16 AM | edited Tue 13-Aug-13 05:28 PM by RLDubbya

I shoot strongman competitions - there's typically breaks in the action, then things get very, very busy.

I shot one a couple weeks ago; I was covering the yoke walk, which was an 80' carry across a parking lot. Basically, one guy carries it down as far as he can, hopefully crossing the finish line. Then the setup crew gets it in position, and the next competitor brings it back. So, back and forth.

I position myself close to the start, fire off a couple shots, turn around, run to the finish, turn, fire off a couple shots, then get the heck out of the way of the guy carrying 900lbs on his back as fast as he can.

During all this, I managed to bump the mode dial on my D7000, and it went between modes, and before I noticed it, I lost shots of 6 or so competitors.

I never had this problem before, others have, and it's something Nikon fixed on the 7100. If I had the cash, and didn't want to buy FX, I'd be replacing my 7000s immediately. It really sucks to miss shots because of equipment failure.

A general, generic topic On the fence and need a shove. [View all] , DuhRock Silver Member , Mon 12-Aug-13 09:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence and need a shove.