Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using a micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s with a D7000

OldNavy609

Albuquerque, US
383 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Using a micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s with a D7000"

OldNavy609 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Fri 09-Aug-13 04:51 PM

I received my micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s in the mail yesterday and mounted it on my D7000. Set the lens information in the Non-CPU listing and shot a series of photos setting the lens at infinity and the ISO at 100. I mounted the camera on a tripod and took a shot using the entire range from f2.8 to f32. The results were acceptable at all f-stops. There was some loss of detail using f16 and smaller due to diffraction, but even at f32 the overall image was great. Unless I magnified the the image more than 60 percent, I could not detect any obvious loss in image quality. The sharpest images were at f5.6, f8 and f11, which I expected would be the case.

I haven't tested the lens in the macro range except for a couple quick test shots, but again, the results seem to be very nice.

This is a great combination for me. I shoot mostly street photography and cute little critters with more than two legs.

Good shooting,
Lee

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Using a micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s with a D7000 [View all] , OldNavy609 , Fri 09-Aug-13 02:51 PM